Did you know that I have the answers to all your questions girls? Well not exactly all, in fact maybe only 3 for now, but hey thats a start right?
So I’ve been inundated with messages asking me questions about losing fat on the stomach area, getting a bigger bum and firming up those boobies (sorry, I am a guy so boobies was the best word I could think of as breasts just doesn’t do it for me, not sexist at all I promise).
So I thought I would help you all out by putting together this blog. The blog will focus on why we (girls/woman) have the problem of having a flat stomach and saggy bum/breasts. Then I will provide you all with my theory, and finally how we can move forward and start to reshape our bodies.
After reading this article you will start creating the body of your dreams and preparing yourselves for this years holiday on the beach, oh and don’t forget you gotta show those guys what they’re missing out on! (Oh and yes I will do an article for the guys on how to flatten the stomach, perk up the bum, as well as get that chest and back looking like a spartan).
So why do us girls seem to stock a little excess fat on our stomach area, and how come our buttocks and boobies end up heading south?
My theory is that as we get older we become less active, we focus more on making money than keeping fit, and beauty, well that just gets neglected or we focus on the face and makeup instead of the body as a whole. We also find excuses that prevent us for participating in physical activities and only seem to focus on looking great when summer is around the corner or we have a hot date, and lets face it those 6-8 week weight loss programs may work but don’t last.
So, while it is true that after the menopause body fat tends to shift to the abdomen area, if you’re young you really have no excuse and well, even when you’ve gone through the menopause there’s a solution to losing that excess fat and fitting in those slim jeans or beautiful dresses.
Besides fitting in jeans etc, there are also other threats posed by body fat, but fear not Adam Jacques is here to rescue you all!
What is behind belly fat?
Your weight is largely determined by how you balance the calories you eat with the energy you burn. If you eat too much and exercise too little, you’re likely to carry excess weight — including belly fat.
However, aging also plays a role. Muscle mass might diminish slightly with age, while fat increases. Loss of muscle mass also decreases the rate at which your body uses calories, which can make it more challenging to maintain a healthy weight.
Many women also notice an increase in belly fat as they get older — even if they aren’t gaining weight. This is likely due to a decreasing level of estrogen, which appears to influence where fat is distributed in the body.
The tendency to gain or carry weight around the waist — and have an “apple” rather than a “pear” shape — might have a genetic component as well.
How do you prevent or battle this?Firstly, I’m going to go all textbook on your a… then ill give you some practical ways (exercises and dieting advice) and how to implement it all into your weekly schedules.
Trimming the fat
You can tone abdominal muscles with crunches or other targeted abdominal exercises, but just doing these exercises won’t get rid of belly fat. However, visceral fat responds to the same diet and exercise strategies that help you shed excess pounds and lower your total body fat.
To battle belly fat:
• Eat a healthy diet.Emphasize plant-based foods, such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains, and choose lean sources of protein and low-fat dairy products. Limit added sugar and saturated fat, which is found in meat and high-fat dairy products, such as cheese and butter. Choose moderate amounts of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats — found in fish, nuts and certain vegetable oils — instead.
• Replace sugary beverages.Drink water or beverages with artificial sweetener instead.
• Keep portion sizes in check. Even when you’re making healthy choices, calories add up. At home, slim down your portion sizes. In restaurants, share meals — or eat half your meal and take the rest home.
• Include physical activity in your daily routine. For most healthy adults, the Department of Health and Human Services recommends moderate aerobic activity, such as brisk walking, for at least 150 minutes a week or vigorous aerobic activity, such as jogging, for at least 75 minutes a week. If you use a step counter, remember that it takes an average of 10,000 steps per day to prevent weight gain. Some studies indicate it might take 15,000 steps per day to prevent the regain of weight after significant weight loss.
In addition, strength training exercises are recommended at least twice a week. If you want to lose weight or meet specific fitness goals, you might need to exercise more.
To lose excess fat and keep it from coming back, aim for slow and steady weight loss — up to 2 pounds (1 kilogram) a week. Consult your doctor for help getting started and staying on track.
There you have it in nutshell, it’s all about eating healthy with the right size portions (see article; https://goo.gl/FhoUjS I have given you an easy way of counting calories without a calculator or any maths involved, actually just your hands).
You should include cardio and weight training into your weekly schedule, at least 2 times a week for both activities, although I recommend 3 times if you want to keep a nice toned body.
Finally, here is the exercise program that will have you looking like Halle Berry, J-lo and Pamela Anderson mixed together (all when younger of course), yes I am an 80’s baby.
Upper bodyBack & biceps
- Lat pull-down (normal grip) – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Single arm bent over row with dumbbell – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Bent over row with barbell – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Hyper extensions – 3 sets of 12 repetitions
- Deadifts – 3 sets of 12 repetitions
- Preacher curl with z bar or machine – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Hammer curl with rope (pulley) – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Single arm curl with pulley (squeeze for 1 second at the end of contraction) – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
Chest & triceps
- Incline machine press – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Machine Pec fly – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Decline barbell press – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Rope pull down with pulley machine 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Dips 3 sets of 12 repetitions
Bum (gluteus maximus)
- Straight leg deadlift – 3 sets of 12 repetitions
- Barbell hip thrust (with barbell or smith machine) – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Machine kickback – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
- Machine thigh abductor – 4 sets of 12 repetitions
This program is a basic and general program designed to be used with a well structured diet program. Using this program along with a diet program will help you gain a fuller uplifted bum, flat stomach and firm boobs (without surgery).
I recommend emailing me with your name, age, height, weight and current activity leveland I will put together a specifically designed diet program for you to follow. This program will be designed for you and only you and will provide results from the first week guaranteed.
Programs (diet/workout) are €39 or €75 for 2 and come with daily encouragement and progress reporting as well as a 24h question and answer contact line. Adjustments to programs will be made each week according to your progress. So yes, it is very personalized and inexpensive, which is why I have many satisfied clients and I hope you will become one of them too.
Finally, my programs come with specific details as of how much rest to take between exercises and how to complete each exercise according to the contract time etc. All this and more will be explained in detail and as I said you will have access to my personal question and answer line for any queries.
Email – email@example.com
Fb – adamjacquesofficialpage
Instagram – adamcjacquesofficalpage
Twitter – adamcjacques1 (this is new so bare with me)